Mental State Affecting Health is Real. Here’s How to Avoid It
First of all, Being in a good mental state can keep you healthy and help prevent serious health conditions. A large study found that positive psychological well-being can reduce the risks of heart attacks and strokes. On the other hand, poor mental health can lead to poor physical health or harmful behaviors vice-versa.
Here are the severe damages that can happen to your body if you are in a poor mental state, poor mental health firstly can affect your ability to make healthy decisions and fight off chronic diseases. Or it can lead to more serious health complications such as: heart disease and High Blood pressure.
And here are the most common mental illnesses;
Behavioral and emotional disorders in children.
Bipolar affective disorder.
Dissociation and dissociative disorders.
- Value yourself: Treat yourself with kindness and respect, and avoid self-criticism.
- Take care of your body: Taking care of yourself physically can improve your mental health.
- Surround yourself with good people
- Give yourself time, and love yourself
- Learn how to deal with stress
- Calm your mind
- Set realistic goals:
- Break up the monotony
- Pay attention to warning signs. Work with your doctor or therapist to learn what might trigger your symptoms.
- Get routine medical care. Don't neglect checkups or skip visits to your primary care provider, especially if you aren't feeling well.
- Get help when you need it.
"The only journey is the journey within"
WHO, UN. “Mental Health.” World Health Organization, World Health Organization, www.who.int/health-topics/mental-health.